24 July 2013

Cheese!

On Sunday at the feria, Katia the cheese lady was not there (in fact it was quite a small affair this weekend, which only a few vegetables and some plantains for sale!); but her husband Wilbert was, thank goodness. I got some mozzarella this time (worth every penny! oh my GOODNESS is it delicious), and was eyeing the yoghurt - but before my very eyes the last of it was bought up.

I expressed my sadness at this state of yoghurtlessness to Wilbert, who confided in me that he had two more bottles. He had already sold them, however, and they were waiting to be picked up. I felt sad he’d gotten my hopes up, but then - he promised me that if their buyers did not arrive, he would come find me and sell one to me! And lo and behold, the buyers did NOT arrive. And now I am enjoying my delicious frutas mixtas yoghurt, and feeling infinite amounts of love toward the generosity and conviviality here in this town. (Plus I got an open invite to go down and hang out with them one afternoon, to learn all about how they make cheese. I am there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment